Will it work with the Ipod nano? If so where do I find it?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:20 AM
Subject: Playing with Voxi Recorder

I'm a little ashamed, had this app for over 7 months and I've done next to nothing with it in that time <smile>.

Just been rediscovering the app and I've started playing around with the terribly useful "Express recording" mode, this mode can be set to behave in different ways. For example, suppose you launch Voxi and you have Voxi set to launch in "Express mode", to start recording you just shake your Iphone, Ipad or Ipod Touch, device vibrates and a beep sound is heard, start talking and when you've finished shake the device again, device vibrates, a beep is heard and the recording stops so its at this point where things get truly interesting.

You can define an action after you've finished recording, in other words you can tell Voxi what you want done with the recording, you can have it automatically emailed to yourself, to a nominated friend, choose to send it to multiple receipients, save the recording as a file to share on your network and so on. I usually email my recordings and the quality is excellent and I only use the "Medium quality" preset, you can set high quality up to a sampling rate of 44.1KHZ but these files become rather large and for voice recording it seems rather pointless.

I I'm sure your imagination could think of endless possibilities for the use of Voxi but here's one which it gets mostly used for with my Iphone. I often go out to lunch with friends or whatever, they may give me a phone number, an email address or another point of reference so its pretty easy to launch Voxi on the Iphone, shake, have my friend dictate the point of interest, shake the Iphone again and find it waiting for me at home as a voice recording in an email.

Voxi is a full dictation suite, you can even have your voice recordings transcribed and emailed to you or sent to you on Twitter if they're short, there's a small charge for that but the transcription is accurate.

Dane Trethowan
grtd...@internode.on.net

Mobile:/SMS +614571201
Twitter: Http://www.twitter.com/grtdane