Yep, just said exactly what I did earlier on today <smile>, other shortcut key
commands exist allowing you to hear audio round your markers and to "nudge" the
markers either way in your audio file so if you're looking at things from an
audio perspective then you have "Total Audio control and feedback" when editing
which I should think is exactly what a blind person wants and Goldwave provides.

Having said all that however, Sound Forge does offer some nice audio editing
feedback, scrub mode isn't nearly as good as that found in Goldwave but all the
cursor movement commands can be used whilst the file is playing and this can't
be done it seems in Goldwave but no matter, if one got into a discussion or
argument about this then one would be incredibly trivial.

On 13/08/2010, at 9:54 PM, Jim Noseworthy wrote:

> Hello:
>
> The following is an extract taken from the GoldWave manual:
>
> J, K, L Rewinds, plays, and fast forwards respectively. Playback always
> starts at the cursor's position.
> Shift+J, Shift+K, Shift+L Makes the playback speed slower, normal, and faster
> respectively.
>
> Hope this helps.

> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

Dane Trethowan