Keep in mind though that if you really want good sound such a cable should
be connected to a line out and not a headphone or speaker out socket.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of dan thompson
Sent: 13 August 2010 02:33 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: regarding soundcards and hi-fi's

Hi John,
I used a 25 foot stereo cable  with one y-cable having a mail transister
jack on one end (these are the standard for headphones on small walkmen
etc.)  On the other end are two female rca jacks (in my day we called these
pin jacks.  You would plug the male rca jacks from one end of your 25 foot
stereo cable into the female jacks on the y-cable. Plug the male transister
jack into the out of your pc.  this is where you normally  plug in speakers.

Plug the two remaining mail rca jacks into the in jacks of your  stereo
system. Now when your stereo is on the   augsiliary setting.  Now when using

your computer it should come through your stereo.