Thanks Walter.  What would I do about the volume as I don't want the music
to overshadow our voices?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Walter
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:19 PM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Question about mixing in Goldwave

Yes you can.  1. Record your verbal greeting.  2. Move it from your Olympus
to your PC (you don't have to do this so long as you keep your Olympus
connected to the PC throughout the process).  3. Launch Gold Wave and open
the music file you wish to use.  4.  Now with Gold Wave open the greeting
you recorded.  5.  While in this file do a control+A to select all the file
then control+C to copy to the clipboard.  6. Press control+tab to take you
to the music file you already opened.  7. Press ALT and arrow right to edit
and then go down until you come to Mix and press enter.  8. You will now
land on the part where you decide at what point you want the mix to start.
It starts with hours then minutes then seconds and finally fractions of a
second.  9.  Once you have decided where you want the mix to begin press the
tab key once and then the space bar to hear a preview.  10.  If you are
happy with the preview, tab to OK and press the space bar then save your
file and that's it done.  Walter.

  _____