Hi gang,

I don't think I asked this question on this list because I'm a pretty new kid on the block, so if I did ask it before please forgive me. A few months ago all of a sudden I lost my windows sounds such as the starting and shutting down of windows, and the sound that indicates hardware disconnecting or connecting. I've checked all the volumes and made sure that nothing is muted. If I check the list of sounds they are all there and work My sound card is a S B live and I'm running XP and windoweyes. I can't think of anything I did at the time I lost the sounds as far as downloading or installing any program or anything like that, they just all of a sudden disappeared. Any thoughts would sure be appreciated. I sure miss them.
Thanks..

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California