Bud,

Which operating system are you using? If XP, did you go to "sounds and audio
devices" in the control panel?

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Bud Schwab
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 8:05 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: lost my windows sounds

Hi gang,

I don't think I asked this question on this list because I'm a pretty new
kid on the block, so if I did ask it before please forgive me.  A few months
ago all of a sudden I lost my windows sounds such as the starting and
shutting down of windows, and the sound that indicates hardware
disconnecting or connecting. I've checked all the volumes and made sure that
nothing is muted.  If I check the list of sounds
they are all there and work   My sound card is a S B live and I'm
running XP and windoweyes.  I can't think of anything I did at the time I
lost the sounds as far as downloading or installing any program or anything
like that, they just all of a sudden disappeared.  Any thoughts would sure
be appreciated.  I sure miss them.
Thanks..

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P