From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: Advice wanted on USB speakers

Well in my experience with USB speakers you're not going to have all your
criteria met particularly when it comes to your third
point.

USB ports from a computer only give a very small amount of power and in some
cases hardly any at all, that's why USB hubs come with
power supplies to make more power available.

Hard drives for example only take a fraction of power that USB speakers may
require and even then! USB ports may not have enough
power to run them properly.