From: "Robert Logue" <bobca...@telusplanet.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: Advice wanted on USB speakers

Hi Barry.  I just heard about a new totally digital streeming speaker that
isusb powered.  They claim they can get more volume without distortion by
keeping the signal digital right to the amp.  They are sold through Apple
stores online so probably will be in stores to check out.  I'm hoping our
local dealer will have some so I can chec them out.
Palo Alto Audio Design Musik Digital
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H4752ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0MA&mco=MjEzMDM4OTY

Palo Alto Audio has 2 models; Musik M u s i k
and
Cubik C u b i k. The latter use external power and should be more powerful.

There web page is hard to use but here it is:
www.paloaltoaudio.com

I started out looking for those Rock speakers.  It appears only sites that
have them are in Australia.

Yamaha also used to make a usb power speaker that was claimed to have
greater volume because it was an all digital design but I don't have info on
them now.

Bob