Hi!

Does anyone manage to use a standard Internet type radio device? by that I mean
a device which you just purchase from your local Walmart or local electronics
Retailer?

Obviously the user would have trouble setting the thing up due to the lack of
speech or other accessibility but just supposing you had someone set the radio
up to match your wi-fi network and they programmed some presets for you, I
can't see any reason why you couldn't scroll through those presets up and down
as you would with some digitally controlled FM radios which have been readily
available for the last quarter of a century, anyone got any views or had any
experience with this.

I'm looking at buying a "stand-alone" Internet radio for the kitchen though if
I can't get one that won't work at all for a person with no vision then I won't
be too worried, Ootunes on the Iphone and Ipad does a damn good job but I don't
want to be carrying them around with me everywhere if I can avoid it.

I did think about the new Plextalk Pocket which is supposed to have Internet
Radio accessible on it however I think it will be quite some time before we see
anything out of that company, unfortunately the whole company's location was
destroyed in the recent Japan earthquake.