Just a note - ExpressBurn and CDex will burn MP3 files to standard audio CDs just fine. Converting MP3 files to WAV is known as transcoding, a process where you convert a lower quality audio file format to a higher quality one. An MP3 file is compressed, and cannot be decompressed. So while WAV files that were recorded/ripped as WAV will sound better than their MP3 counterparts, a WAV file converted from an MP3 file will sound exactly the same as the MP3 file but have a larger file size. To sum up, converting MP3 to WAV is completely pointless.

Previously, Vinny Samarco said:
Hi,
I am wondering why I am not being successful in this venture.
I have some mp3 files that I am asked to put on audio cd in standard format. I take the mp3 files, download them, then I use goldwave to save them as wave files to play on a standard cd player, I also split the file into tracks. When I go to burn these onto standard audio cds they won't play, and I can't figure out why not. I have made sure that the files were wave files at 44100, 16 byt. and yet the results will play on some mp3 players, but not standard audio cds.

I have also tried this using cdex, but with the same result. I am using express burn to burn my wave files. Can anyone think of what I am doing wrong?
Thanks.
Vinny

James Scholes

--