Hello Brett and list: I'm sure that Foobar is a fine program; all I really was meaning to say was: at this time, I don't know that I have a need for anything other than what I'm already using (Winamp) if I used a program to create playlists and such (from what you are saying) Foobar might be a better one than Winamp; it's something that (now that my curiosity has been somewhat aroused) I might look at it, just to see what it does!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brett Boyer" <bboyer...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: foobar and window-eyes

Hey all. Tom I appreciate where you're coming from. However a few years ago I got fed up with winamp adding more stuff that I didn't need. It was becoming bulkier than I wanted and so I went snooping around for other alternatives. I will give you one main advantage foobar has over the competition. Multiple playlists. That's right something you thought you didn't need or at least I thought I didn't need until I realized how wonderful it was. With this tiny little player that is as customizable as you can get. I can now have my audio books, TV shows, music, and whatever all in the same window. I don't have to keep opening new playlists and reloading files. And one more great thing about Foobar, that I just rediscovered, is tagging. Since my music library is a total mess. (I do mean a total mess) I knew it was time to retag everything from album names to genre (don't get me started on genres) Foobar has a beautiful interface for tagging files and / or folders. Maybe I should do a podcast on it because I'm so thrilled how great it is. I've been looking for an idea for a podcast anyway. But suffice it to say I think a lot of people are scared to go outside the box and blind people more so than sighted folks. Let's face it, if I didn't go outside the box I never would have discovered programs like Foobar about 3 years ago. I understand the fear of trying something new especially when screen access software is picky and you never know what you're going to get. I recently read an article on a program called Songsmith. It's one of these program that can help you create music by making a few selections and just singing in to your microphone. I found it, downloaded, and couldn't do a thing with it. But at least I tried and I'm still checking it out with all of the screen readers I have. (btw no luck so far) Ok sorry for the long post I usually don't have this much to say, but James had such a great message I felt empowered!!!
thanks
bb

Brett Boyer
Audio Production and voice over