Well, for my part, I don't have a problem with someone being a happy
Winamp or Windows Media Player or Media Monkey or iTunes or VLC or Media
Player Classic or whatever user. I can probably think of a dozen
different media or audio players off the top of my head, and they all
have their advocates. I don't blame anyone for not spending time with
half a dozen or so media players to find the perfect one when they don't
have any complaints with the media player they're using.

I suppose technically a "If it isn't broken then don't fix it." attitude
is closed minded, but somehow I don't think the fact that a few people
are happy with Winamp is going to have the world going no where
technologically, politically and economically. I'm also not sure why
someone has to be qualified to have such an attitude. I'm not sure why I
have to investigate every media player I hear of or that gets
recommended to me to know that the one I'm using happens to do what I
want it to do.

You say you're absolutely fine with someone who's happy with their
current audio player and isn't interested in testing out new
applications but then you imply that they're somehow incapable of
locating, testing and using new software. That doesn't sound like you
are fine with it. Were you just being sarcastic? Also, why are you
adverse to telling someone what you like about FooBar, especially since
you go ahead and mention a few things you like about FooBar? I've looked
at FooBar before, and I still bring it up in certain situations, but I
know it's ever changing, so a particularly strong recommendation might
have me taking another look.

For my part, I know Winamp isn't perfect, and I spent a lot of time
looking at different media players. I ended up coming back to Winamp
because it was the only media player that did everything I wanted it to
and did it in an accessible way. Winamp is a resource pig, but I have
plenty of horse power on this system, and I'm willing to spend some
resources on a media player that does everything I want. I don't see why
someone should try to make me feel bad for this. If I had a smaller
system then Winamp may not meet my needs, and I'd be more inclined to
use FooBar or another lighter weight media player, like VLC or Media
Player Classic. With FooBar I have to go through the tedious process of
setting up all of the keyboard shortcuts because it comes with so few by
default. Sure it's great that it's so flexible, but maybe I like the key
bindings I have in Winamp and I don't choose to spend my time setting
them up in FooBar. Also, I had to install plugins to get FooBar to rate
the songs in my library and work with my portable media player. Winamp
already has these features or comes with these plugins.

I'm not knocking FooBar, it's a great program, it's popular and I use it
myself. I'm not going to knock anyone who doesn't use it though. I'm
also not going to knock anyone who chooses not to give it a try or look
more closely at it. There are a lot of options out there and people are
free to choose the media player they want to use, and they're even free
to choose whatever media player they want for whatever reason they want.