I think the yetty is the way to go if you're looking for quality. I guess
others can give you ther review in it. Have used it my self, I can say it's
preety amazing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Logue [mailto:bobca...@telusplanet.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:51 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: quality microphones for voice dictation

I have a Plantronics headset right now. And it's not bad, except I'm getting

tix and pops on the USB port. Also it makes the sound rather nasal. I don't
like listen to myself. When I play back the files. Surely they must have
something better than that. I'm kinda curious about the Sennheiser
microphones headsets. I have a Sennheiser PX 100 stereo headphone, and they
just recently came out with a model that has a microphone for I phones. Now,

I don't know if that is compatible with computers, but the fact that they
make that sort of headset is a very reasonable price is encouraging. I know
that Bluetooth is not good for voice recognition because of dropouts. There
are lots of solutions on the market now just hoping to get some good
recommendations. I will investigate the yeti. I wonder how good the handling

noise is.

Bob.