You certainly can.

Use the B and N keys to select the beginning and end of the part you
want, then hit Control+E...I think. Anyhow, if I was wrong about the
actual keyboard shortcut, there is a Save Selection in the File menu,
and you can use this to save a part of a file to another file all of its
own.

~Ann

HeyTell: tate...@gmail.com
Skype: tate886