Hey Jeff: That's some wonderful information! Thanks a bunch as I didn't know about some of those commands you listed!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Samco" <jsa...@jps.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 12:38 AM
Subject: Re: MP3 Direct Cut Question

Hi, Tom,

Yes you can easily do this.
Find the beginning point of the section you wish to save,
press the space bar to stop playback, press the letter B.
Then find the end point,
stop playback and press N.
At this point, you can fine tune the location of the beginning point by pressing the numbers 1 and 2 respectively for moving this point forward or backward.
Move the end point with 3 and 4 respectively.
These are the numbers on the top row of the keyboard and not the number pad.
You can listen to the audio around these two points,
use the F5 and F6keys to hear the few seconds of audio prior to and following the beginning point,
and F7 and F8 to hear audio before and after the end point.
When your satisfied with these locations, press Ctrl-E to save this section.
You can edit the original filename to whatever you want it to be.
HTH,
Jeff