I think that part of the problem is: not all DVDs are created equal; it's even a little bit of a challenge for sighted people to operate because, what'll work with one DVD won't work with another!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Bahr" <dcba...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: Finding an actual DVD with audiodescription

yeah which is rediculous. You'd think that with all the other fancy features they pack into a dvd that a talking menu system and audio description would be fairly easy. I mean, they have closed captions and dubbing, so why not audio description? And they used to have talking vcrs but no talking dvd players? Or some sort of talking menu on the dvd itself?

Ok I'm done now. But come on, it's like the talking book library when they send me print materials about the new braille catalogue. Really?

Dave c. bahr