yeah that's the one I have, I did a conversion project of about 200 records over the summer for an audio archive and that card, the sb x-fi 5.1 pro external usb card, worked fantastically. I'm curious about this other 650 dollar card though, really? 650 dollars? That seems rather outlandish, unless it comes with its own rack setup or soemthing.

Dave c. bahr

On 10/1/2011 9:30 AM, Byron Stephens wrote:
The creative x-fi series will be good for ither desk top or laptop. They do have an external card that can be used on ither type of computer system.
----- Original Message ----- From: "aadorno1" <angel.ador...@verizon.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:17 AM
Subject: two questions about sound cards.

hi list I have two questions about sound cards.
the first question is what is a good sound card for the PC, I am thinking about getting studio play list and I am looking for a good sound card. my second question is, I mentioned above that I am getting studio play list and I am wondering if I could use it on my lap top, if so what USB sound card would be good that's if studio play list can be used with a lap top.
any way thanks so much, all opinions would be appreciated.
Angel.