Hi David,
have you tried using the [ and ] keys during playback to mark the start and end
of the selection?
Could you be more specific about what you're getting stuck on?
In addtion to this list, there's also an audacity4blind list - details can be
found in the help sub-section of the introduction section of the jaws guide to
audacity.

best wishes,
David.