I am sure Sound Forge will do what you want, but Audacity should have no problem doing that too, and Audacity is free. On the other hand, the Studio version of Sound Forge will cost somewhere between $50 and $100. I have not seen a recent price on Sound Forge Studio, but the last I knew it was around $50. You could also get the job done well with Goldwave.

----- Original Message ----- From: <tick...@juno.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: An Audacity Problem

There are tutorials on Audacity but if they cover your exact problem I
cannot say. There are several on the net. Now, you say you use Sound
Forge, can that be used to copy files from my casset recorder and save
them as mp3?
I am looking for a simple to use transfer program from USB device to PC
and then save as mp3...what is out there that is better or easier than
Audacity?
Thank you,
MMM

TickPub Thanks You,