Hi Colin,
you could chop off the front end in a similar manner:
1. move the cursor to the end of where you want to chop off (about 5 mins into
the file in your case).
2. press shift + home, which selects a time range from the cursor to the start
of the audio.
3. press delete.

So shift+home and shift+end work in a similar way that they work when editing a
line of text.

David.

orginal message:
Hi David,
I'm getting there, if I want to chop the front end of a file off is it the same
my question comes from
The below points which I read to mean find where you are going to start to chop
it then take off that to the end of the file but I may be mis understanding
If I want to find the place around 5 mins into the file and remove the file up
to this point what do I do

2. move cursor to the start of the section which you want to chop off. This is
described in detail below.
3. press shift + end to select a time range from the cursor to the end of the
file,

Many thanks

Colin