Thank you Dane. You answered all of my questions. I would have never guessed
that that little piece is where you can plug in RCA jacks. Now it makes
total sense. As I said before I do love these speakers.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:54 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Altec Lansing Expressions Plus Ultra Speaker Ssytem

Okay, as I remember here's what's in the Altec Lansing Expressions Ultra Box
apart from mounds of packing which is absolute proof that us humans are
descended from apes <smile>.

2 satellite 2-way speakers
1 Sub-Woofer
1 control panel
1 3.5MM-3.5MM jack lead
1 manual
1 3.5MM socket to 2 RCA jack adapter

To the control panel, its round and consists of a number of controls.

As you'll see it looks like a mini witches hat, the hat itself turns in
either direction, you'll hear or feel it click as you turn it, each time it
clicks the faster the control.

For example by default the knob controls the volume, turn it to the first
click clockwise and the volume increases slowly, turn to the next click and
volume increase is more rapid and so on.

On the top of the controller are 3 buttons, 2 which are big and a middle
button which is small.

The upper of the 2 big buttons is your treble, press once and then turn the
knob to adjust treble.

The lower button is your bass, press once and then turn knob to adjust base.

The smaller button in the middle is your "power" button, press once to turn
power on and press again to turn power off.

This button has another default, if held down for 3 seconds the speakers are
reset to their default volume, bass and treble settings.

Now their could be more options and settings I don't know about, I mentioned
that the manual isn't the readable type so everything I've mentioned here
I've found out by playing around with the system.