Aha, but you see, I mean the ZooomH1 is cool for what it is, but the LS-100
will have phantom power and all that studio stuff apparently, and it'll
talk. So yeah, it'll be very cool.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2011 3:03 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Using iPot Touch or iPhone as portable recorder.

Hi!

My favourite subject <smile>, I've been down that road before.

I use Fire Field recorder though it hasn't been updated for quite some time.

Now here's where things become a little tricky. If you're using Fire Field
Recorder for quality recordings you'll want some external microphones and
inputs, that's fine! as those devices exist but when all boiled down, its
going to cost you a little money, not expensive mind but a little money.

If I had my time over again, I would not have bothered buying the extra
attachments for my IOS device, they're nice sure! but for nearly the same
amount of money I could have bought a portable recorder which does far more
than the IOS device I had was capable of doing, I'm talking of course of the
Zoom H1 portable recorder.

No, it doesn't have talking this or talking that, no it doesn't have bells
and whistles to write home to Mum about but it is! a very high quality and
easy to use recorder which handles MP3 and Wave format, encoding quality for
MP3 can be set along with sampling and bit rate for Wave.

On 24/12/2011, at 6:03 AM, Dave Scrimenti wrote:

> The Olympus portable recorders have been discussed a lot lately, and I
could buy one of those. But I already have an iPod Touch, and was wondering
about just using that as a portable recorder. The built-in mic isn't very
good, but sufficient for most voice recordings. Is there a high-quality
external mic available? and, is there a recording app that's accessible, and
more full-featured than the very simplistic voice memos app that comes with
it?