Adrian,

as tom ses, it sounds like the bit rate, and maybe even the type of encoding
needs to be checked.

I haven't used easy cd extractor since version 11. but in the output tab you
determine what encoding you want, flak, mp3 ogg wma or whatever.  Then you
determine the bit rate along with lots of other peramaters.

You may have an accessibility issue hear, as I say, i have no experience since
the earlier version, but once set up, it should be a breeze to use.

I hope you get an answer either from the forum or the good folks on this list
who no much more than me.
good luck,

Joe