Hi kulvinder, yes they are playing at the right speed. i have been speaking to humanware on the phone, and they say that they are aware that there is a bug in the latest version of the software. also, they said that it is the tone control that one has to reduce to zero if one wants to change the file formatt. they also said, that i should transfer the files to the music folder and away from other books. what i am playing, is the foundation trilogy by asimov. it is an eight part play series. i have made the transfer, and now it is playing in stereo. someone asked, if this was off topic that we are discussing. this is pc audio, and the victor stream plays audio files, so i cannot see why messages about victor stream should not be acceptable on this list. any way, we have now gone as far as we can with this, especially as humanware say they are aware of the bug, and it will be rectified in the next upgrade. thanks to you who tried to help me. brian.