I do have 2 sound card in my PC

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Nelson
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:26 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: book tapes

Holger,

What you want to do is straightforward enough.

You will need-
a.. A sound card with a stereo line input. A second sound card would make life simpler, by allowing you to route the screen reader speech to the sound card that is NOT handling the recording input (thereby making sure that you don't get screen reader speech in your recording); b.. A stereo cassette deck and a patch cord to connect the deck to the input of the sound card (I know that some people on the list will argue with this, but 4 track books are just stereo recordings with the tracks assigned differently); c.. An audio editing program, such as Sound Forge, Goldwave or audacity. A very useful feature you should look for in the audio editor is the function to reverse the playback of sound. That is to say, if a track is playing backwards, the function will reverse it so that it plays forwards in the normal intelligible way; d.. And the most important thing you will need is time and patience because, even if you record 4 track books in stereo at one and seven-eighths inches per second (twice the 4 track book speed), it will still be a time consuming process.

Over the last 15 years I have converted hundreds of 4 track recordings of lectures and seminars. The process is a little complicated so I won't waste space describing it here.

If you would like to know how to edit 4 track books then please e-mail me directly at-
rsnel...@optusnet.com.au

Robert Nelson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Holger Fiallo" <holgerfia...@comcast.net>