An addendum to my Winamp problem: if I turn the Winamp volume all the way down, I can hear a "hissing" sound! I remember having this problem a few years ago, but don't quite remember how we resolved it! Seems like it has something to do with a setting in Winamp preferences that needed to be changed, but have no real idea of where to go! So hopefully someone on this list can get me going in the right direction?
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Kaufman" <tomca...@comcast.net>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 12:53 PM
Subject: Problem Connected With Winamp

Hello list: Well I was able to get Winamp reinstalled on my computer. Aw but I now have a problem that I somehow must fix: when I start to play a file; then I run forward or backwards, using the left or right arrow keys, I get a "god-awful" sound through my speakers! So I shut down Winamp, but that sound persists; the only way I can get rid of it is to restart or shut down the computer! This has happened since I reinstalled Winamp! How do I get rid of this? Am running Windows XP, Jaws 13 and an older version of Winamp! BTW-I originally installed a newer version yesterday (it did the same thing) so I went back to the version I think I originally had (five point something; sorry I don't have the exact version for you! But I hope someone on here can tell me how to fix this, for I don't want to have to be restarting my computer every time this happens!
Tom Kaufman  P.S.  Am using an Audigy soundcard if this helps.