Hi Tom,
try updating to 5.6
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Kaufman" <tomca...@comcast.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: Still Looking For Help With Winamp

Hey Joe and list: Thanks for responding; may give this a try! Just to clarify something: the actual "sound" isn't so bad; it's just that, if something is playing at low volume; let's say I want to listen to a stream that doesn't play at a high volume, I'll get that static (or hiss) or whatever! For those who don't know, in Winamp, to advance through the file, you can hit either the left or right arrow key (I know it works this way with Jaws) may be something different with other screen readers; anyhow, one can also hold that arrow key down to advance through the file quicker; it is here that gets me into trouble as I get that bad sound! But will try Joe's suggestion (unless I get one that may be better) and see if this clears up the problem (I've had this happen a long time ago) but don't remember how it was resolved!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Paton" <j...@vi-ability.demon.co.uk>