Your cautions are legitimate, but there were some changes that were intended to
help screen readers between Adobe audition 2 and 3.  I have not experimented
enough to know where things are now, but if
someone has a reason to want to use Audition, I really think it is worth trying
the demo to see where things are now.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:32:23 +0100, Vítek  wrote:

>Hi Sam,

>My view might be a little subjective but from what I've tried out in the past
>when I got myself Adobe Audition just to take a look at it got totally worse
>than e.g. 2.1 version of Adobe Audition when you know
they changed their label from Cool Edit which was the predecessor of that one.
I wasn't confortable with that as many objects were placed without any shortcut
keys on the screen beyond the menu so OK it
was possible to grab them using the virtual mouse and crowling around but it
was a real pain. It has the standard menu from what I remember and maybe they
improved some particular things of that I can't tell
but generally the older version were incredible having most of things in menu
reachable via the keyboard unlike the latest versions. But maybe somebody
knowing more of that will chime in. I say the most blind-
friendly one is Sound Forge:).

>For the record I don't think it'll be better with Window Eyes as the universal
>way of the layout and localizing the object is identical to all screen readers
>regardless of whether it's NVDA Jaws or Window Eyes
etc.