Hi Listers,

A point of curiosity here.  For the serious audio efficinado, which is better,
the Mac with speech right out of the box, or a windows-based system with
whichever screen reader you prefer?  It seems that a lot of people in the
recording industry think that Apple is really appealing.  (Punn Intended.)
Information security people I know say that you have less trouble with viruses
with a Mac.  And a rising number of blind users seem to feel that you get more
power with your purchase.  There is that nasty learning curve to deal with, but
I'm wondering if it could be any worse than facing all the things that you
could do easily or relatively easy with XP, but seem to be more difficult to do
with Vista or Windows 7 or any of the other advanced Windows operating systems.
 Does it ultimately come down to knowing the capabilities of your own personal
system?  I'm wondering what my next computer should be?  Is there a Mac version
of Sound Forge?  Is the Mac version of Pro-tools really accessible for a
totally blind person?  With the U.S. becoming more and  more a nation of free
lancers, it would be good to know what to rely on in the audio production
arena.  Any opinions and analysis out there?  I want the next move I make in
production equipment to be a sound one.  Looking for feedback.  Thanks.

Dave Trevino