From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Darran
Ross
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:46 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Newbie Question About Setttings

Hi List.

I'm about to start trying to record on my PC, and I've got a couple of
starter questions for the list. I'll be using Goldwave to record and edit,
but my question concerns the settings within Windows 7 itself.

Basically, do I need to make any changes to the settings within Recording
Devices, or do I just plug in my Line-In cable and only concern myself with
the various options in Goldwave? Need I do anything in the Listen tab or the
Advanced tab for example? Should the Listen to this Device be checked or
unchecked, and what about the Default Format settings when Running in Shared
Mode? And, what is shared Mode come to that!

As you can tell, I'm seeking a guiding hand! Any advice on which options to
select in the Recording devices tabs would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Darran