Hi!

Bought one of these to compliment the Rotel Integrated Amp and Polk Bookshelf
Audio Speakers, all should be here early next week so I'll let you know how I
get on.

For those who are wondering, DAC is Digital Analogue converter so to put it
bluntly, you use a DAC to convert digital audio to analogue to feed into your
amplifier or whatever.

The Rotel version found at
<http://www.encelstereo.com.au/collections/rotel/products/rotel-rdd-06-dac-black>
 has a heap of facilities to recommend it including 6 digital inputs, 3 optical
and 3 coaxial and a USB input just right for direct digital connection to your
Windows or Mac machine.

Just to recap, I decided to go down the path of integrated amp, speakers and
DAC given the appalling cheapness of the Harman Kardon Sound Sticks we've
talked about, yep they sound pretty nice but a damn pain in the bum if cables
should break etc as they can't be replaced unless taken to a repairer, assuming
he'll bother with them.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741