Well, my cable was shipped yesterday, so it should be here in another day or two. I'll let you know how it works.
Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "ken reed" <kvreed...@comcast.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: Looking for a Specific Type of Connector

Hi, It's because the outputs will not be the same in each device. If you turn both of them on and loading the output of one divice will be ok, bacause it was made for that impedance match.
The other device might not match those phones.

Like I said one output can feed two inputs, The other way where two outputs feeding the same load is not alwayse going to work. That's why I sugested the earphone amp. or if you need to have two outputs driving one earphone a small mixer is the best way.
The little sampson mixers  around $50  are very nice.

-----Original Message----- From: Evan Reese