After you press the left bracket, press space bar to exit pause mode. Then press space bar to the end of the section to be deleted. Then press pause and right bracket and space bar again. Now you can press the delete key. However, you now have nothing within the brackets to hear, so you must move the brackets to hear anything.

Rich De Steno