It can be a little tricky.  It has worked for me however.  Right click
inside the flash, go to settings, not general settings and click on that.
It should work.  I did have that "button button button" problem that you
described.  You have to make sure you are within the flash area.  That is
the tricky part.  I assume that visually it is obvious. All I can say is
that after just a little fiddling it has worked.  I wish I could give you
specific guaranteed directions but that flash area can throw one off a bit.

Dave