I don't have this program, but many on here use Gold Wave!  Would this
possibly do what you need to do?
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of DALE
HELTZER
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 11:48 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: is there hope for a noisy recording?

Here's the situation:

I brought a PTP-1 to a telethon audition. Because the amplification in the
room was so high, I set the recording volume of the PTP-1 quite low, but
because I was in a hurry, I set it *too low.

When I tried to listen to the recording later, I heard *nothing. In
disbelief, I put the *.wav file on my computer and normalized it to 99
percent.

The result sounds like something Thomas Edison might have recorded on a wax
cylinder - *very noisy with lots of crackle.

I've tried using Adobe Audition V1.5's click and pop functions, but don't
get much satisfaction.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dale E. Heltzer