Good man! <smile>, I have several of those Airport Express units and I use them
in much the same way you do, to bring wireless music to those devices that
don't support them, they're the most reliable way of getting your airPlay
network going and probably the most versatile, one is hooked up to the digital
input of my Yamaha RXV-520 AV receiver in the Den, make no bones about it!
there's no competition when it comes to Digital VS Analogue sound.

On 23 Feb 2014, at 10:08 pm, Don Breda <dbr...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Well it may be a more expensive solution but I have never ever had a
> problem using airplay at all.
>
> I use an apple airport express as the airplay device and patch the audio
> out in to my sonos system for that are not supported by sonos, and it
> works great!
>
> I am merely using the airport as a wireless access point or bridge and I
> can stop start, pause etc. all day long.
>
> Don

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741