Back in the 80s when I was visiting my parents in California, there was a stero AM station. But I didn't have any stereo AM receivers. But I did have two portable radios. I discovered that if you tuned them just right, you could get the stereo sound.
Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:34 PM
Subject: Stereo AM

Back to the glory days of radio <smile>.

Actually we do have one radio station in Australia to my knowledge that does broadcast in AM Stereo to this day and that's 2CA Canberra, Here's a recording I found on Youtube of a station in the U.S. though I'm not sure when the content was actually aired, quite nice audio so - for those who have never heard stereo AM before - take a moment to enjoy.
<WCTC in AM Stereo on Denon TU-680NAB>

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741