On 7/06/2014 8:22 PM, Colin Howard wrote:
Dane,

I should have advised, if I do a scan, it will initially be recorded on
cassette because I will use a cassette-radio, it has a built-in mic and
though the radio is reasonably sensative, the mic is appauling, I will need
to use it to identify what I am scanning Etc.

Colin Howard, by the Lord's  providence has lived at
his present address near Fareham in Southern
England,  since February 1992.

That's no problem and I know where you're coming from here, many of my DX samples are recorded onto cassette these days, recording with a computer or even the Zoom H1 is a nightmare sometimes due to the interference these things generate on some bands.