From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Jacobson
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 3:01 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Bose Companion 2 series iii speakers best ever

I'm a little confused here.  Are you saying there are full-range speakers of
the same size and price?  How does one define full-range?  In my experience,
it is very rare that one can simply choose between full-range and boombox
sound with size and price remaining constant.  I have not heard the Bose
Companion series so I don't know if I would like them or not, but there are
times when I have found a good boombox sound to be acceptable when the
speakers fit into a tight space or when they were being used by people who
might not be careful with them.  I also still use a set of thirty-year-old
Freid floor standing speakers which were considered full range and enjoy
them as well.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 03:38:38 +1000, Dane Trethowan wrote:

>I'm not at all surprised if what you said also applied to these
>speakers to be honest, let's put it this way,
there are some people who have gorwn up with a "Boombox" sound, and they
know nothing better, that's their thing of course, so long as they're happy
then that's what matters but there's far better audio quality out there than
"Boombox" audio.

>Dane Trethowan's iPhone at +61400494862 has had the privlidge of delivering
the above eMail to you.