Okay firstly, I know the system you're talking about, its not too bad but again
its not an audio phile or High Fidility speaker system.

The Bose system being discussed is different again, its not a 2.1 channel
system, its just 2 computer speakers.

There are arguments for and against which are better - 2.1 or or 2 channel
systems - my view is that - unless you're gaming - then a good 2 channel system
should do a very good job for music and the like, with music not much goes down
to the depths that require the extra reenforcement of bass that a sub-woofer
delivers.

Then again a lot of those 2.1 channel systems rely on the sub-woofer, that is
to say if you turned the sub-woofer off then you'd hear no bass at all so given
all that - and given the size of the Bose Companion speakers - its amazing that
they deliver the bass they do, I've just listened to a recording of these
things, to me they sound a little "Boxy" and again I sort of understand what a
list member referred to when he talked about them sounding like a Boombox but -
having said that - I've certainly heard a lot worse.

I'm still looking forward to my Bowers & Wilkins MM1 Hi-Fi Computer Speaker
System in September, if all goes according to planned I should have it here, on
my desk in the Den in front of me - where I'm writing from now - in the first
week of that month.