Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 11:58 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Playing Your! Files On An IOS Device

Hi!

I know I've already replied to this eMail but I thought I'd reply again as I've given the subject under discussion a great deal of thought.

You want to transfer your media content such as music and so forth from your iPhone to your Windows PC using a USB cable as though your iPhone were a hard drive right/

Well I'm not so sure that this will be as straight forward as we thought it would be and I'm not surprised to hear that you didn't have any success with those Apps which allow the sharing of data between iPods and computers.

As I understand it - someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure <smile>. - iPod sharing Apps were written in the days of the iPod Nano, Shuffle etc well before the iPhones we're using now came along so - if that's the case - then these sharing Apps probably won't work given the iPhone has a different data distribution system, in effect the iPhone is locked and I think the only way to share your iPhones data openly - say music you've downloaded from the iTunes store or music you've aded to your music collection through iTunes - is to jail break the iPhone.

Dane Trethowan's iPhone at +61400494862 has had the privlidge of delivering the above eMail to you.