Don't be sorry for any type of suggestion, as it just adds more content for the list. That's my thinking at least. Either way, as has been stated here, those of us using any of the IOS devices do have to jump through a few more hoops than other types of phone/tablets, but, luckily for me, once I get my stuff on the phone I don't tend to change it a lot. I normally don't even mind using ITunes to manage my media, but as I said before, it does have a few downfalls. I may take a look at this wireless portable hd though, that looks pretty awesome.
Take care and blessings.

On 10/13/2014 12:01 PM, ken reed wrote:
Hi,  I'm sory for my sugestion,  I thautht I could help.

I'll keep my mouth shut.

-----Original Message----- From: Dane Trethowan
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 12:55 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Playing Your! Files On An IOS Device

There are wyas and means to do all sorts of things though some can get
rather complex as you've said.

I'm not an iTunes user by default though I do have an iTunes library of
Favorites, that's in the Cloud and available on my iTunes match so any
IOS or device with iTuens installed can take advantage of the Match so I
may enjoy my collection at any time, so far so good.

As I'm using FLAC files more regularly I had to find a third party
solution as I detailed in my original eMail on this thread thus I got
the Skyshare Drive and started playing with other Apps to get that music
onto my iPhone or at least have access to it so I needen't bother with
iTunes.