Oh, oops, my apologies, I didn't think about the call being made over your 3g/4g. I'm not sure what I thought the phone was doing in the setup, didn't put two and two together. lol I also wasn't aware that the quality of the facetime calls could differ, but then again, I've only ever used it from between two IPhones. :)
Take care.