Hey Guys,
I’m using a Windows 7 64-bit laptop with Window Eyes 8.4. I have absolutely no
experience with buying these, but I want to get some speakers for my laptop. I
don’t have a huge amount of space. I’d like to put them on either side of my
laptop if possible. I’m putting them on my Christmas list for my Sweetie, and I
don’t want to abuse her generosity. Can I get anything decent, or even half
decent, for $100, or maybe not too much above that?
I only have one headphone/microphone jack, so I’d like to get USB speakers if I
can to keep that jack free for times when I still want to use the headphones.
Finally, as I said, I have no experience at all with USB speakers. Can I just
plug them into an available port and Windows 7 install an appropriate driver,
or do I have to install the driver  from a CD? Will I have to worry about
accessibility problems with that?
Thanks for any recommendations.
Evan