Hi!

Shame you can’t be with your Bose Soundlink III, I wouldn’t be without mine.

So a less costly alternative, have you looked at the Logitech UE - Ultimate
Ears) - Boom? Its longer than the Soundlink and not as tall but is built very
well, sounds reasonable enough but doesn’t go quite as loud as the Soundlink
but still goes very loud - you don’t want a Soundlink III at full volume unless
you want to lose your hearing <smile>.

So what did you think of the B&O? I’ve never heard any of their stuff yet.

> On 29 Nov 2014, at 3:40 pm, Mary Otten <maryot...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have, or should I say had, a Bose Soundlink 3 speaker for use with
> portable bluetooth capable devices. For reasons not particularly
> relevant to this list, I won't have access to that speaker during the
> school year, since it will be going to school with my spouse. So I'm
> wondering about other alternatives, perhaps even some that might not be
> as pricy as the Bose. I've just read about the B&W t7, which actually
> costs more than the Bose. Then there are Braven models which look
> interesting, albeit not much less costly than the Bose.
>
> Since all my devices are ios, I could also use airplay, not necessary
> to have bluetooth. What are people using and really liking in this
> category?
>
> Mary

**********

Dane Trethowan