Hi, you first have to sort out the USB issue, once the pc can see it,
then we can get the voice files back. I'm not sure why the pc don't
pick it up, try connecting after the formatting, if not, try to remove
any unused drivers from the device manager, providing that you no its
not being used by windows. Sorry I cannot be of to much help in that
regard. I can help you to get the voice files back, but in order for
that to work, the recorder must be picked up by the pc. Goodluck.