Firstly, only difference between the WD My Cloud and My Cloud Mirror is that 1 has 2 drives whereas the other has one thus - by default - the My Cloud Mirror runs in "Rade" mode so what's copied to one drive is backed up on the other.

You're going about the setup of the drive the wrong way mate, there's no need to bother with Windows utilities or anything, I don't know whether you read what I wrote about the drive but in my piece I wrote about the HTML interface which you can use to set up the drive thus you can set up the My Cloud Mirror from any device whether it be your computer, iPhone or whatever, so long as your device has a browser.