From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:13 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Winamp is making me mad

VLC is the most flexible and configurable player I've ever had the
fortunate to use and it plays every format I've ever thrown at it
whether that be audio or video, got a pleasant surprise when I used it
to play a Real Audio stream a few days ago.

On 27/05/2015 7:00 PM, Joe Paton wrote:
> Dane,
>
> I quite like the look of VLC, must get round to running it in earnest.
>
> Joe
>
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:59:44 +1000
> Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net> wrote:
>
> always interested to hear of people using other alternatives, I used Total
Recorder as a player for a little while before installing VLC.

> On 27/05/2015 5:56 PM, Joe Paton wrote:
>> Mike,
>>
>> I use station playlist over here in the uk, with the sam encoder.  Works
really
>> well, at least it does what I need for live broadcasting.
>> To run an automated station requires more knowledge than I possess, but
again, i'm not doing that.

>> When is your show airing?
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Joe
>>

>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 20:47:25 -0400
>> Mike Bernard <mbern6...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joe,
>> I did just that, and everything appears to be back to normal. Thanks.
It'll
>> be wonderful once I get my hands on Station Playlist Studio. I hear it's
>> pretty slick program, and puts out excellent sound.
>> Mike
>> Rochester, NY.

Paton
>> Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:24 PM
>> To: PC Audio Discussion List
>> Subject: Re: Winamp is making me mad
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> complete removal and re-install may go some way to fixing this.  Unless
it
>> is a
>> particular third party plugin causing the problems.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:09:34 -0400
>> Mike Bernard <mbern6...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Help! For some really weird reason, every time I load a file into Winamp
and
>> play it, the stupid program keeps crashing and I can't figure out what
the
>> heck's going on! I've tried rebooting my computer, thinking that maybe it
>> will help, but yet I'm still getting the same result. I begin officially
>> broadcasting on ACB Radio Interactive tomorrow night, and I can't afford
>> have this silly thing crashing on me like this. Yes I know, I know,
Winamp
>> is an old method to use, but for right now, it's all I can afford to use.
Is

--

Those who need help are those who are prepared to help themselves