And that’s exactly what the B&W P7 offer and a reasonably affordable price
particularly if you’re in the u.S. Where I’m told these cans can be yours for
under $300.
The P7’S are built from stainless steel and other metals with a touch of
leather plus leather ear cuffs, the cuffs are attached to the frame
magnetically and replacements are available should they be needed.
These cans are designed with portable/travel use in mind given the fold away
design and the quilted leather carrying case as part of the system but they do
come with a 6.5MM adapter for conventional stereo systems along with 2 cables,
one is for use with a mobile handset and the other is the conventional stereo
type 3.5MM jack type cable.
The cable for mobile handsets has an inline control for answering calls, volume
up/down, volume up/down and a microphone.
On hearing the headphones I was shocked, it sounded as though I was listening
to a 30 inch sub woofer in a room along with silky high tweeters, it took me a
few moments to realise that I was in fact listening to a pair of very nice cans
and then it all clicked into place, we’re talking about a B&W product after all.
I have only one complaint about these headphones, the cable could be longer
however I do appreciate that the phones are designed for portable use and if I
want a longer cable then its just a matter of plugging in an extension.
Speaking of the cable, swapping or replacement of same is easily down by
removing the left ear cuff, unplugging one cable, plugging in another and
replacing the cuff which snaps back into place.