From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:05 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: Sony Android TV Was Apple TV 4th Gen

No, the boxes I'm talking about are set-top boxes, not full tvs. The
Shield, which is the most expensive of the lot, runs $200 or so. The
nexus is the original one from google, and rumor has it that a new one
will be forthcoming this year. It was selling quite cheap over here a
few months back, on clearance, I suspect. And the Metracom, or however
it is spelled, runs around $100 or a tad less on amazon. My husband
actually bought one of them, because he wanted to experiment with Kody.
Again, these are strictly set top boxes, more like the Apple tv in that
respect, rather than being a full tv set. How android tv may differ in
these boxes from android tv in your set, I have no idea. Both the
shield and the metracom are advertised as coming with lolly pop version
of android tv, so it seems like they should be the same, just based on
that, and supposedly the two newer devices are in line for the upgrade
to android 6.0.

Mary